Excel SoftSources is seeking a backend developer who will work on server-side APIs and services that enable a highly distributed event pipeline and a stack that gets tens of thousands of messages per second. As a senior member of the Software Engineering team, you will join the group responsible for designing, developing, and owning the distributed systems CRM platform for our client.
You will collaborate with your fellow Engineers and Product Managers to develop a roadmap and subsequent projects to build the next-generation comprehensive, multichannel marketing solution that unifies and unlocks data across digital touchpoints, driving return on marketing investment. You should have a deep knowledge of distributed systems and cloud architecture. You will need extensive design and development experience and be passionate about working with high-throughput systems where the issues of throughput, performance, redundancy, and concurrency are paramount.
As a Senior Software Developer, you will be:
- Responsible for independently and cooperatively understanding business requirements, designing, and implementing core components for real-world marketing automation platforms.
- Designing, and implementing application code to satisfy product requirements.
- Ensuring high product quality through rigorous code reviews and unit tests.
- Fixing bugs and implementing enhancements.
- Taking ownership of a significant product component in design and implementation.
- We are looking for exceptional talent with superior academic credentials and a solid foundation in computer sciences and distributed systems design and development.
- The candidate will have had at least 6 years of experience developing scalable, robust software platforms using Java/Ruby/Python or an equivalent language.
- An undergraduate degree in Computer Science (or a related field) from a university where the primary language of instruction is English is strongly desired.
- Strong communication skills in a large-distributed development team environment are essential.
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related field.
- 8 -12 years of working experience with Python, Ruby, and/or J2EE technology or equivalent OO paradigm.
- Strong knowledge and experience with Kafka, Elastic Search, and NoSQL databases such as Aerospike, Thrift, CI, and AWS.
- Experience working with container-based solutions is a plus.
- Experience working in a fast-paced technology environment.
- Strong object-oriented programming and design skills.
- Excellent problem-solving, critical thinking, and communication skills.
- Ability and desire to learn new skills and take on new tasks.